On the Spot: You Can Find Our Advice Centres Here

Studierenden Service Center (SSC)
Eingangsbereich des Studierenden Service Center (SSC)

Consultancy and guidance – where do I go? Most RUB consultancy services and advice centres are located at the Studierenden Service Center (SSC).

Services for students: the Student Service Center (SSC)

The Student Service Center (SSC) houses the most important student service and advice offices: the Registrar’s Office and admission office, the Student Advice Centre with social services & funding department and Career Service, the International Office, the university sports department, and Junge Uni – the coordination office for projects for school-children.

Convenient ticket system in the SSC building

At the Student Advice Centre, the Registrar’s Office, and the International Office it is not necessary to make an appointment in advance for consultation during office hours.

Please ask for a queue number at the SCC Reception (Ebene 0/level 0). You will see your number displayed on the monitors in the waiting areas on every floor and in the cafeteria lounge across from the Reception desk.

You can get snacks and drinks while you wait.

Directions to the building SSC

By public transport:

You can reach us from the U-35 metro station “Ruhr-Universität” via the pedestrian bridge towards the university (heading towards the right). Walk towards the building “Universitätsverwaltung” (UV) and turn to the left before you reach the building. Now you are heading towards the SSC (big, white building). The International Office is located on the first floor.

By car:

Coming from Universitätsstraße, take the exit „Uni Mitte”. Park your car in the visitors’ car park: To go there, enter RUB’s main parking system and turn left behind the yellow information point. Directions can be found under Street Map (pdf file). Once you have parked your car, exit the car park via the stairs leading to the pedestrian bridge and follow the instructions as stated above.

Infopoints and Receptions on the campus

You got lost on the campus or you can’t figure out whom you should contact with your questions? The Campus Service Infopoints and Receptions on the campus are your first port of call and provide information and pointers: they answer questions pertaining to your degree course, point you towards the right person, and help you deal with formalities.

Infopoints and Receptions are indicated with an “i” on the campus map.

Campus Wegweiser
Wegweiser auf dem Campus
To top