Enrolment for cross-registered students (Zweithörer*in) - Bachelor

If you want to enrol to a undergraduate programme at RUB as a cross-registered student, the documents listed on this page are mandatory. Please note that an enrolment can only take place if you have the original of all documents required for enrolment. The Admissions Office reserves the right to request all documents uploaded with the application in the same version and in the original for verification purposes. In order to ensure that you can be enrolled, please have all the documents mentioned on this page ready in case of doubt.

The information on this page refers to the enrolment of cross-registered students to a undergraduate program. If you want to enrol for other degree programmes or doctoral studies, you will find your information on the page Enrolment.

It is only possible to become a cross-registered student in a course of study with restricted admission, if the course of study at your first university is not subject to any admission restrictions!

If you would like to enrol for non-restricted subjects, please only complete the online enrolment under the following link

If you are international applicant and would like to enrol, please apply online before.

The following documents are mandatory for enrolment (as uploads via Information Portal Enrolment):

  • Letter of admission, if an online application has been made for a restricted subject/course
  • University entrance qualification (Abitur, Baccalauréat, Assessment test, etc.) and an officially certified translation in German or English
  • Examination certificate, if you have already completed a degree
  • Valid ID
  • Current certificate of study from your first university for the semester in which you would like toenrol as a visiting student at the Ruhr-Universität Bochum. The confirmation of enrolment must show your current course of study and the number(s) of semester(s) at the university

Mandatory documents depending on the case

... if subject-specific documents are required

  • Proof of sufficient knowledge of French or English, if the course of study is in French or English (e.g. via the school leaving certificate)
  • for the bilingual computer science programme, proof of English language skills at B2 level (e.g. through an IELTS or TOEFL test) are mandatory
  • Certificate of successful completion of the sports aptitude test of the RUB or the DSHS Cologne for the study programmes Sports Science (Bachelor)
  • For the subject Classical Philology the Latinum or Graecum, depending on the choice of major field of study, must be proven.

Also important

For your student ID card

For a new enrolment, please upload a current photo of yourself for the student ID Card as a JPG or PNG file.

Bildliche beispielhafte Darstellung eines Doktorhuts
Immatrikulation / Einschreibung
To top