When applying online to Ruhr-Universität Bochum, you can apply for several degree programmes in addition to DoSV degree programmes, and you can list up to 12 degree programmes in one single online application. Please note that only the last application you submit will be valid.
Data and documents required for online application
You will need the following:
- Applicant ID (BID) and applicant authentication number (BAN) issued by hochschulstart.de
- Date and average grade of your university entrance qualification (Abitur)
- If you have studied before: Details of your higher education history to date (total of semesters you were enrolled at German universities or universities of applied sciences, i.e. so-called Hochschulsemester)
- Details of services (e.g. Federal Volunteer Service, military service, volunteer work, development aid service, voluntary social/ecological year)
- An email address that you check regularly and which has sufficient storage capacity for the entire application and admission process.
Available degree programmes
The online application only lists the degree programmes that will begin in the following semester.
Degree programmes with no admission requirements (without NC) do not appear in the online application, but are only listed when you enrol online or in person. In these degree programmes, you are guaranteed a place at university.
Please answer all questions carefully and truthfully. If you have any questions or problems, please contact our application hotline as soon as possible.
Assistance in German and English
Monday to Thursday 9am - 4pm
Friday 9am - 2pm
Phone: +49 234 3226644
START ONLINE APPLICATION
After completed application
Once you have completed your online application, you will receive a confirmation email with a check sheet and application number.
Please use the check sheet to double-check the information you have provided. Unfortunately, it is not possible to correct your details at a later date. If you have entered incorrect information, please reapply. Please note that only the last application you submit will be valid.
You should regularly check the status of your application in the admissions information portal. There you can also find out whether your application is complete or whether you still have to submit any documents. If the check sheet does not ask you to do so, please do not send any documents or copies of certificates.
ADMISSIONS INFORMATION PORTAL