Registrar’s Office

Change Notifications

Have you moved house or changed your health insurance provider? Always notify the Registrar’s Office of important changes to your data.

Notify of a Change of Address

Ruhr University Bochum (RUB) notifies its students of many important matters by letter. Students are therefore obliged to inform the Registrar’s Office of their current address.

You can change your address quickly and easily via eCampus or notify the Registrar’s Office by email or via the contact form (stating your matriculation number).


Keep the Departments up to Date

Your current address should also be available to the secretariats and examination offices in your departments (and, if applicable, to the Elective Courses for Bachelor Students department or the Professional School of Education). They keep their own student files and mailing lists, which they use to send out important information, such as exam dates.

Notify of a Name Change

It is essential that you inform the Registrar’s Office as well as the secretariats and examination offices in your departments in good time of any change of name – for example due to marriage – otherwise important documents and records of achievement will be issued in the wrong name.

Change of First Name and/or Gender Entry

If you have had your first name and/or gender entry changed, please also notify the Registrar’s Office so that this information can be updated in RUB documents.

The form we provide is unfortunately not sufficient on its own in case of a change of gender entry (possibly combined with a change of name).

The application must be submitted either with a “dgti Ergänzungsausweis” (i.e. supplementary identity card) (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Transidentität und Intersexualität) plus a valid ID card or with a legally binding decision of the local court.

Studies-Related Information via Your RUB Email Address

Information relevant to your studies are sent by email to your RUB address. This is why it’s important for students to regularly check their RUB email. Accordingly, students are required to confirm during enrolment that they will use this email address.

For anything concerning your personal data, please send all inquiries and requests from your RUB email address only.

Go to RUB webmail

Notify of a Change of Health Insurance Provider

According to social law regulations, the Registrar’s Office always needs to know how and where you are covered by health insurance. This is why Students must also notify the Registrar’s Office of any change regarding their health insurance fund or health insurance company. Please request a health insurance certificate for students (“Krankenversicherungsbescheinigung für Studierende”) from your insurance company and send it (not your membership certificate) by email or post to: or

Ruhr-Universität Bochum
D – 44780 Bochum

Registrar’s Office
To top